Thursday, September 28, 2006

LCCT frustration

So last night we were having LCCT Wednesday night dinner. (We made sandwiches with cheese and vegetables. Other projects have included thai peanut sauce noodles and spaghetti.) And everything was going well, vegetables were being chopped, cheese was being sliced, conversation was had. Then one of the girls mentions this email she had gotten that evening from our program director. The LCCT committee in the US has decided that they want all of us to change our plane tickets to the 23rd of December, so that we would be able to finish exams here. This is ridiculous for a few reasons.
1) It will cost us $200 or more to change our flights and we won't get that refunded til February.
2) We would not arrive until the 24th of December, Christmas Eve. Christmas is the most materialistic of all US holidays. The cultural shock would be devastating. And let's be honest, I would like to not be jet-lagged if I am visiting with my family and friends.
3) I have travel plans in between December 11th and the 24th that I really really really don't want to change.
4) I've already talked to most of my professors and arranged to either take my exams early, or do an extra paper for my final.

So we will see. As a group we drafted an email of protest, saying that none of us would be returning on the later date, we will all be leaving on our priorly scheduled flights. More information as soon as I get it.

No comments: