Saturday, December 09, 2006

Last Post from Tanzania

Yes indeed, this is my last post from Tanzania.
I've been trying to post earlier this week but Blogger wasn't cooperating.
This week has been wonderful. I had one exam on Sunday, but other than that I haven't had any other exams. Last night the African Dance, African Drumming and Music Ensemble classes all had their final exam/performances. It was pretty entertaining. I have some video footage that I could possibly use as blackmail against the other LCCT students. Though some of them also might be quite proud of it.

Tomorrow will be my last day. Tonight will be my last night. I haven't really figured out what I'm doing. I might just hang out with my roommate, Wendi and Wendi's roommate Carol. Some international students are planning on going out, but that's not really up my alley. At least, not if it's going out in the dancing sense. Which it probably will be.

I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'm leaving tomorrow, getting on a plane and coming back who knows when. And that's ok. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family, I'm going to have an amazing Jterm, and next semester should be great. Next year I'll hopefully live off-campus, and then the year after that, who knows? Life is exciting.

Just as an update, for Jterm I'm taking a class called recording original music. Along with Sumner, I'll be recording a short CD of our band, Something from Oz when Sumner visits Luther. I'll probably also record some stuff on my own, though it'd be great if I could convince one of my friends who can actually sing to sing while I play. So that's Jterm.

I think I will still post on this later this semester, maybe about adjusting back to the US. So feel free to check back every once in a while.

I started going through some of closet a few days ago. Irene, in her typical fashion, made fun of me. She told me I was too excited to go home and that it made her sad. I told her I was both, sad and excited. We joked for a little bit, and I told her she could go through my clothes and take anything she wanted, except for the Tanzania football jersey. She ended up taking one of my shirts. Then she told me something very profound. She said "Amy, you should pack up everything else. Everything else except for one thing. Do you know what that is? Do you know what you should leave here?"
"No, what should I leave here?"
"Your heart."

1 comment:

.:m-e-g-g-o:. said...

your roomie is very wise. hope your flight is going/went well.

be safe.