Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Problem Solved

Good news! Supposedly our water troubles are over. The reason we have been having major water problems was that the Lower Ruvu pipe in the cities water system was old, leaking and then broke. Luckily it has been fixed though. The pipe is used to supply about 80% of Dar's water, so that explains why there have been water issues lately. But the pipe has been replaced, so we should be set to go. We may still be on power rationing, so the water will go out during the days when the power is off, but that is fine.

Today I am at the Millenium Towers using an internet cafe. Soon I will be going to get cheese. Tonight is Wednesday night, which means family dinner. By family dinner, we mean LCCT. Tonight we are having cheese and vegetable sandwiches. I'm pretty excited about it.

On the daladala here, I realized that I have two months left from today. Two months. That is not a lot of time. I can't believe that I am over halfway to the day I go home. It's crazy. Then when I was thinking about this, I was thinking about when I get back to the US, when I need to readjust again. How do I tell people about this? Can I really explain what it is like to be here in Tanzania? Is my explanation of daladala travel really going to get across the point that there is always room for one more? How it is quite natural to hold hands walking down the street talking with someone you just met? Will I be able to explain how being here has shaken me up, made me realize that I have so much to learn still about the world, and the way the world works? I don't know.

I am almost out of time, so I'm going grocery shopping now.

No comments: